Ever since the Covid news from China reported that a new covid sub-variant BF 7 has disrupted the lives of millions, there has been a scare across the globe. Covid nasal vaccine is therefore being highly recommended to normalize the tensed situation.
It’s now believed that nasal vaccine can work far better as compared to Covishield and Covaxin. And so, the vaccine which is being made by the Bharat Biotech is being welcomed for those who are scared of getting an injection.
Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, who’s India’s Union Health and Family Welfare Minister, has stated that Bharat Biotech Nasal Vaccine has been approved to work as a booster dose.
Because of this initiative taken by the government, Bharat Biotech’s intranasal Covid vaccine will be supplied to private players as well.
The above option will also be visible from now on the CoWIN portal from Friday evening.
This will be made available to mainly elderly people and small children who generally have to go through the fear of needles.
What are the benefits of the nasal vaccine?
Take a look below to find the benefits of a covid vaccine:
- As it doesn’t require any needle, it is easy to apply
- The absence of needle therefore prevents many other risks like infection or injury
- It also doesn’t need a trained health worker
What Are the Side Effects of Nasal Vaccine?
You might be interested to know about the probable side effects of nasal vaccine. Find them below:
- The clinical trial of phase 3 involved up to 3000 participants
- People who were given 2 doses within 4 weeks found to have good immunity
- A few side effects of this vaccine include headache, sneezing, running nose and fever
- Serious allergic reactions were rarely seen in people
Who should not get the nasal vaccine?
The company advocates that following people should not be given the vaccine:
- Those allergic to any of the ingredients of the vaccine
- Had a serious allergic reaction after getting previous dose of vaccine
- Those who had severe infection or fever