Encephalitis Virus: As per the latest health update, health officials in Georgia have tested mosquitoes positive with a deadly encephalitis virus.
While inspecting two pools, experts confirmed they found mosquitoes infected with Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE).
No virus can be taken lightly these days. If we talk about EEE virus, it has the ability to even infect people after they are bitten by an infected mosquito. So far, only a small number of cases have come to notice in the United States.
EEE is quite rare but is equally dangerous. Reports say that close to 30% people infected with EEE virus loss their lives. And those who manage to survive start having neurological complications.
The best way to remain safe from getting infected to a EEE virus is by staying away from mosquito bites. And this can happen if you follow the below given measures.
- Try to use mosquito repellent having IR3535, Icaridin, DEET and other ones that can be applied to your exposed skin
- Go with long pants to stay away from mosquitoes
- Keep your doors and windows intact by using intact screens
- The best way is to eliminate breeding sites. You can do this by emptying standing water from buckets, flowerpots
- Make use of a good repellent and also wear long pants and shirts having full sleeves
In order to remain safe from the bite of mosquito, the best way will be to take preventive measures.
One of them is to avoid going out during peak mosquito times. Even if you have to go outside at such a time, make sure to take extra precautions.
Also Read: Viral Fever Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment