Do you often have to face the issue of an acid reflux? If yes, then you need to adhere to the below given article to properly understand the term and the ways to manage it.
In order to find a remedy, first we need to know what is an acid reflux.
What’s An Acid Reflux?
Have you ever experienced the burning sensation in your chest? The situation accompanies after you tend to feel a sour taste.
All such incidences happen mainly because of this. And this is not a healthy sign. When people go through such instances, they generally think it happens because of an acidity.
Acid reflux comes under GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease) that mainly happens when stomach acid (HCL) simply goes back into esophagus (tube connecting your stomach and mouth).
This is called an acid reflux which can further irritate the lining of the esophagus.
Take a closer look what it actually means in the below given article.
Understanding Acid Reflux
- Acid reflux mainly happens because of a low stomach acid and not due to anything else. According to some renowned nutritionists, people dealing with Iron and vitamin B12 deficiency may find it hard to secrete enough acid.
- This is because people with lesser formation of HCL (Hydrochloric acid) find it tough to absorb required iron and B12.
- Please note that stomach acid (HCL) helps to mainly extract these nutrients from proteins.
- And this is also the most common reason why some people are not able to digest proteins properly. The result comes in the form of hair fall and other symptoms.
- To be precise, such people are unable to absorb enough vitamin B12 and ferritin as they are required for hair growth
There are instances when an H pylori infection can go misdiagnosed. In case of above symptoms, you need to chalk out a plan to rectify the issue.
You need to understand that if you often feel like bloated after eating meals or feel gassy along with other issues like belching, you are secreting lesser stomach acids.
If you are one of them facing the above issue, you can go with certain food items.
5 Tips to Avoid Acid Reflux Instances
Eat slowly: You can precisely start eating smaller meals instead of taking heavy meals or making your stomach full.
Avoid certain foods: Try to avoid foods like alcohol, chocolate, tea, coffee, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and spicy foods. If you eat any of them regularly, try to skip or eliminate them.
Avoid carbonated beverages: These often make you feel bump that sends acid into the esophagus. Instead, drink enough water.
Quit smoking: If you smoke, then we suggest you to quit the habit of smoking
Lose Weight: Try to reduce your weight if it is advised. It’s because increased weight mainly spreads your muscular structure that supports lower esophageal decreasing the pressure that holds the sphincter closed. This leads to reflux and heartburn.
Most people facing the issue of an acid reflux try to find a home remedy. But if the problem persists, you need to consult a doctor in this regard